- Remove mouthpiece cover. Locate the “up” arrows. Locate airvents at bottom.
- Hold Maxair autohaler upright with arrows pointing up. Raise lever up and snap into place (Maxair autohaler must be upright when lever is raised.)
- Hold Maxair autohaler around the middle part and shake gently several times.
- Continue holding the canister upright without blocking the airvents. Exhale normally.
- Make a tight seal with lips around mouthpiece and inhale deeply with moderate force. (You will hear a “click” and feel a soft puff.) Your inhaling triggers the release of the medication. Continue taking a full, deep breath. Remove autohaler from mouth and hold breath for a count of 8 or as long as you comfortably can and exhale.
- Continue to hold autohaler upright while lowering lever. Lever has to be lowered after each puff. Wait 1 minute and repeat.
- After use, replace mouthpiece cover and check to see that the lever is in down position.
For a video of how to use the Maxair Autohaler, watch the video below
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)